The Memorial-Spaulding Food drive to support the Newton Centre Street Food Pantry kicks off on Tuesday January 19! Members of the 5th Grade Student Council will visit each classroom to hand out bags and lists of items each grade will collect. Here is a sneak peak of the list:
- Baby Products: Diapers, wipes, formula, infant foods
- Hygiene Items: Toothbrushes and paste, hand sanitizer, soap, shaving items, shampoo, feminine products etc.
- Paper Products & Household Items: Toilet tissue, paper towels, laundry and dish soap etc.
- Peanut Butter, Jelly, Jams
- Kid-Friendly Items: Granola bars, graham and/or animal crackers, cookies, crackers etc.
- Milk (non-refrigerated)
- Fruits: Canned or dried (low sugar appreciated), juices
- Grains: Breakfast cereals & oatmeal, rice, pasta, dried beans
Grades 3, 4, & 5
- Canned Meals: Stews, soup, ravioli, lasagna, spaghetti, etc.
- Canned Meats: Tuna, salmon, chicken, ham
- Canned Vegetables, Beans: (low sodium appreciated)
Thanks to Natalie Surmeli for visiting our school this morning at the All-School meeting and sharing information about the Centre Street Food Pantry.
Large bins will be placed in the front entrance hallway of the school for students to drop of donation bags as they enter school. Donations of PAPER bags as well are also welcome. Students can drop them off in Mrs. Youngsman’s office.
Let’s all join together as a community to support this wonderful cause!