Dear Fifth Grade Families,
It’s that time of year; Spring, field trips and special events. Please read the following carefully so you and your child will be prepared for the upcoming trips and events we have planned.
|Date & Time
||Event & Description
|Thursday, June 2
| Saturday, June 4
|Tuesday, June 7
Day concert- 10:00 AM
Night concert- 7:00 PM
|5th Grade Spring Concert
|Friday, June 10th
11AM – 2PM
|Middle School Step-Up Day
- Fifth grade will step-up to sixth grade on Friday, June 10th. The students going to Oak Hill will take a bus or walk. The visits will help the students learn more about how Middle School works and have a tour.
|Tuesday, June 14
||Color Day (field day)
|Friday, June 17
· Freedom Trail in Boston (travel by public transportation).
|Monday, June 20
||“Moving On” tickets – passed out
- Due to limited seating, each family will get two tickets for two seats for the ceremony. If you have extenuating circumstances regarding tickets, please email Ms. McManus directly. Only people with tickets can use the seats. There will be standing room available in the back.
|Tuesday, June 21
- “Moving On” T-shirts given to students
- Yearbooks given to students
|Wednesday, June 22
||“Moving On” Ceremony
- Doors will open at 12:45 AM The ceremony will last about one hour followed by refreshments that will be served in the gymnasium for students and their family members.
- Families and students dismissed at 2:45 PM
|Wednesday, June 22
||“Moving On” party
|Thursday, June 23
- Early release at 12:00 PM
|Last Day of School
- Everyone should be at school at the regular start time.
- The 5th graders will be involved in running the last All School Meeting that will start at 9:00 AM
- They will continue to have their yearbooks signed during the day
- At 11:50 AM., the 5th graders will participate in the 5th grade “Clap Out.” They will walk throughout the building giving the children in grades K-4 and the staff a chance to say “thank you and good luck.” Families of 5th graders are welcome to attend the “Clap Out.” If you decide to come, please wait in the front hallway for the ceremony to begin. Dismissal is at 12:00 PM
The Fifth Grade Team, Lisa McManus and Andrea Youngsman