From time to time it is essential that we review school safety/security protocols. In this way, we can all take responsibility for keeping our children safe and focused on learning during the school day. I would like to remind you of several aspects of safety in our school.
Ways that staff can help keep us safe:
- Office personnel will closely monitor the door cameras prior to buzzing a visitor into the building.
- Staff should greet visitors in the hallway and direct them to obtain a visitor’s badge.
- All staff will continue to practice lockdown and shelter-in-place protocols with students.
Ways that parents can help keep us safe:
- Sign in every time you enter the building during school hours – either in the main office or at the greeter’s desk in the main hallway.
- Please treat our greeters with respect and follow their directions. They are volunteers and have been instructed to require everyone to sign in and out.
- When dropping off something for a child, you must leave it with a greeter or in the main office with Francie.
- Obtain a yellow visitor badge and wear it during your stay.
- Sign out when leaving the building.
- If you are in the building for any reason and happen to encounter an adult who is not wearing a visitor badge (or NPS Identification Tag), please ask if you can help – and direct them to the office.
Food Safety: According to the Newton Public Schools Policy, food is not permitted for student celebrations and children are not permitted to share food during snack and lunch. We have many children with potentially life-threatening allergies. Please help us keep everyone food safe.
Health Safety: Prior to sending your child to school, please be sure he/she has been fever free for 24 hours. Access the latest letter from the Newton Health Department HERE
Kindergarten registration packets are available in the main office for any family who needs one. Please stop by and see Francie you are in need of a packet.
If you are traveling for the break, have a safe and enjoyable trip.