A warm welcome back to school! This is a very different school year, but nevertheless we hope your year is off to a great start. We are a diverse school with a wide range of needs and interests. We are proud to be part of this school community and look forward to helping make this school year both enjoyable and enriching for all students, teachers, and parents.
Our PTO is made up of a community of parents who volunteer their time and talents to support the efforts of the wonderful teachers and staff of Memorial Spaulding to provide unique learning and enrichment opportunities for our children. We have an incredible community and school spirit that we promote through fun events throughout the year. This year will look different in almost every way and now more than ever, we need help and support from our diverse and multi-talented Memorial Spaulding parent community. Help us think creatively about how we reimagine our PTO community events throughout this extraordinary year. Please get involved and email us your ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Please help us reinvent this year’s PTO Events:
- Halloween Party (October)
- Mystery Dinner (November)
- Book Fair (November)
- International Festival (March)
- Memorial Spaulding Gala (Spring)
All of the above events and funding to support classroom activities are made possible through your time and financial contributions. We are committed to making fundraising both easy and time limited. The Memorial Spaulding PTO brings in revenue in three main ways:
- Annual Appeal – A fundraising drive where each family is asked to make a one-time annual contribution in an amount they are comfortable with. Donate today! >
- ASCA – Our After School Creative Arts program is our largest income generator and coordinated by parent volunteers. This program offers a great variety of fun and unique after-school classes that take place right at Memorial Spaulding! Sports, art, music, language, martial arts, cooking and science are just a few of the exciting offerings. Register today for the fall offerings! >
- Memorial Spaulding Gala – A festive party for Memorial Spaulding parents and teachers to mingle, dine, and bid on silent auction items. This year, due to Coronavirus, this event will likely be moved to an online auction.
The PTO fundraising efforts have allowed us to improve Kayla’s Garden and add additional outdoor seating areas this fall,, build an amazing new playground that our children will enjoy for many years to come, and buy interactive classroom projectors and additional chromebooks for our classrooms.
Everything we do is reliant on volunteers and we encourage you to get involved. There are big and small ways to get involved and your time will be an investment that produces lasting benefits. Visit our website for more information and/or contact us directly. We look forward to serving as co-presidents of the PTO this year and working with you to create lasting experiences for our children. Welcome to the Memorial Spaulding family!
Brooke Brindley and Katy Karon