Dear Memorial Spaulding families,
This year, more than ever the Memorial Spaulding PTO needs your financial support to ensure we can continue funding the same programs we commit to each year.
The Memorial Spaulding PTO is run entirely by volunteers. We typically raise funding through donations and participation in our After School Creative Arts program (“ASCA”). During a normal year, we raise the majority of the PTOs funding through ASCA. However this year, ASCA is running significantly under capacity which has had a big impact on our budget.
The PTO directs 100% of the money raised directly back into our school. Here are some examples:
● The Creative Arts and Sciences Committee (“CASC”) is our biggest expense and will resume again in January. CACS brings diverse, highly engaging curriculum-based art and science experiences INTO your child’s classroom. Importantly, this year CASC’s virtual format will bring our hybrid and DLA classrooms together.
● Our Annual Appeal provides mini-grants to teachers for elective programs and training.
● Beautification efforts for our school. This fall we created three hugely popular alternative outdoor learning spaces. In previous years, the PTO has helped fund our new playground and brought new technology into the classrooms.
● We are able to host fun, safe events for the community; eg. the October Pumpkin Decorating event and the Virtual Halloween Dance Party.
The PTO tries to keep events free of charge, but we need your financial support to achieve this.
A few things to know about the Annual Appeal:
● We request a once-yearly donation: a suggested donation of $50 per child, but encourage any amount possible
We will continue to reach out to those who have not yet donated at various times throughout the year.
● It is tax deductible. The Memorial Spaulding PTO is a 501(c)(3) registered non-profit, so all donations are tax deductible. Please don’t forget to check if your employer has a matching gift program, too.
● It is convenient. You can donate online via PayPal , or you can also mail a check to Memorial Spaulding PTO, 250 Brookline St, Newton MA 02459.
If you have already donated this year, thank you.* We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you virtually at one of our community events or hopefully, in person soon.
* For anyone who donated toward the outdoor classroom spaces, that donation qualifies as your tax-deductible Annual Appeal donation for this year.
Regards from your PTO Co-presidents:
Brooke Brindley and Katy Karon on behalf of the entire PTO Board:
Gita Behery, Treasurer
Eliza Danielson, Secretary
Jenny Klein-Sosa, DLA Liaison
Rebika Bendayan, Fundraising Chair
Craig Spitzkoff, Technology Liaison
Janna Sneider, ASCA Chair
Michelle Spitzkoff, Board Member
Erika Guerra-Downey, Board Member
Crista Martinez-Padua, Board Member