Please join the Newton SEPAC community on Wednesday, April 14th from 7-8pm for a presentation and Q&A on the Extended School Year (ESY) with Beth Fitzmaurice, Asst. Superintendent for Student Services, and Paula Black, Asst. Director for Student Services. The event will be an opportunity to hear more about what ESY will look like this year, and answer your questions. To maintain confidentiality, please know we will not be able to address individual situations, but rather general questions, thoughts, and concerns. If possible to send questions in advance to SEPAC Treasurer, Eliza Spaulding at: firstname.lastname@example.org would be great, though they also are most welcome at the event. We look forward to our time together on April 14th!
Extended School Year (ESY) Presentation and Discussion with Beth Fitzmaurice and Paula Black Wednesday, April 14th7-8pm
Zoom link and information:https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84290560573?pwd=TzJUU3dlQkd1Tk10OVhLY1NFelUxZz09
Meeting ID: 842 9056 0573
We are so excited to see you again!!!! The After School Creative Arts program offers a great variety of FUN and UNIQUE afternoon classes! Our classes are grouped by age and take place once/week. They are a perfect way for kids to explore a favorite activity or discover a new hobby. This season we will be able to run in person, outdoors, with distance and masks. This will be an incredible opportunity to merge kids from various cohorts, both hybrid, and DLA. All are welcome and encouraged to participate!
ASCA is also the school’s largest fundraiser, and is 100% run by parent volunteers. Please consider supporting our PTO while your child enjoys an amazing after school class with their peers.
The Spring 2021 ASCA session will run in (2) 4 week increments – Spring ’21A will run April 26 – May 21, and Spring ’21B will run May 24 – June 18 exclusive of holidays and vacations. Registration will be open April 5 – April 16 (and will extend to May 14 for session B). Registration will be online ONLY at http://memorialspauldingpto.org/registration/ Please note that we do not allow for cancelations or refunds, so please choose your classes carefully.
If you have any questions at all, please contact us directly at email@example.com Best,ASCA co-chairs
Janna Sneider, Leah Kolidas, and Rachel NovaisOn behalf of Memorial Spaulding PTO
Memorial Spaulding sweatshirts, t-shirts, and car magnets are now available for purchase. Available in both adult and kid sizes. Shop now to support the PTO and show off your school spirit!
You will be contacted by the PTO once your order is in along with instructions on how to pick up your items.
As NPS prepares for a full in-person return to school for students at all levels, we STRONGLY ENCOURAGE families to enroll their student (s) in our COVID-19 testing program. Testing is one of the best ways we have to quickly identify infection and reduce the possibility of in school transmission.
Here are 3 reasons to enroll:
- It’s easy! Complete the opt-in in Aspen (here’s the link!) High school students then create an account at JCM (do it here!) for access to a QR code they use to check in their sample. Pre-K – 8th grade students will receive their QR code from school staff.
- It’s painless! This is NOT the “touch your brain” swab! This is a sample taken from the front of your nose with a Q-tip like swab. It’s super-fast and painless.
- It makes a difference! The more students who participate, the better data we have on infection rates in our community. This means we can quickly identify infection, reduce the risk of in school transmission, limit quarantines, and keep our schools, athletics and other important activities open for the rest of the year!.
Bonus reason: This testing program is FREE to all families! We ask you to strongly consider enrolling your student today. Thanks in advance for doing your part to keep our schools safer.
The Taco Tuesday fundraiser has moved to March 16th! Support Memorial Spaulding by picking up dinner at Chipotle located at 300 Needham St. in Newton on Tuesday, March 16th between 4 and 8 p.m. and 33% of the proceeds will be donated to our school. Bring in this flyer, show it on your smartphone, or tell the cashier that you’re supporting the cause. If you order online for pickup, simply use code G33B7XJ before checkout in the ‘promo’ field.
Calling All Artists! Share 1-3 works of art to share and show your amazing masterpieces HERE to celebrate Youth Arts Month! Submissions will be accepted March 1st – March 26th. The art exhibit will be posted to the NPS website and updated each week with new submissions received. Make yourself proud and share your creativity!
Thank you so much, Alexandra (Ms. E 🙂
DLA Families: Do you have questions about the Transfer Survey due tomorrow, 3/12? Do you need information to make a decision about your DLA student possibly returning to in-person learning on April 5th? Do you have questions about what could change in DLA, if your child stays in?
Superintendent Fleishman, Eva Thompson, and other NPS administrators are hosting a Q&A
about the Transfer Process, TONIGHT, Thursday, March 11th at 7:30 p.m.
Bring your questions, or submit them in advance: https://forms.gle/iTTFbRBqL94cujTM7
The International Festival is one of Memorial Spaulding’s biggest events. Although we can’t gather to share food and performances in person this year, we still want to celebrate the diversity of our school and the many cultures that make up our unique community! This year we plan to have an online Recipe Book and a Video Compilation of cultural demonstrations. Everyone in the community is welcome to participate! Hybrid and DLA families (even if MS isn’t your homeschool), teachers, and staff are welcome to submit something.
How can you get involved?
- Submit a recipe to our Memorial Spaulding Recipe Book! Send in a favorite family recipe that represents your culture or the places your family came from. You can submit a recipe with instructions, a photo or two, and if you’d like, you can include a few sentences about what this recipe means to your family. Sign up here to hold your spot in the recipe book: http://bit.ly/msinternational2021
- Submit a video demonstration! Send a video of a performance or demonstration that represents your culture or the places your family comes from. This could be a video of your family cooking a special recipe, a musical performance, a dance, a song, a poem, showing special clothing or other special items, demonstrating a game, etc. Get creative! Sign up here to hold a spot in the video: http://bit.ly/msinternational2021
- Submit a video of your child or other family member saying “Hello, Memorial Spaulding!” in a language that you speak at home. We hope to open the video compilation with a collection of short clips of our students saying “Hello, Memorial Spaulding!” in the many different languages they may speak at home. Send this short clip to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3/22.
Send any questions: to email@example.com
“Fourth and fifth graders, join us for five Saturday mornings of outdoor fun this spring! Newton Educational Workshops is a club run by high-school students for fourth and fifth graders from all South-side NPS elementary schools. We’ll teach you exciting courses in whatever you’re interested in, from Let’s Get Crafty to Chopped Junior Cooking to Games Galore. This year’s program will be held exclusively outside and will run on the following dates: March 27, April 3, April 10, May 1, May 8. Learn more about our program here and register your child here, or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Make new friends from across the city, learn a new skill, and have lots of fun with us this year!”
Preview attachment NEW Brochure 2021NEW Brochure 2021Shared in Drive
Green Newton’s Youth Leadership Group is honoring the memory of lives lost to Covid-19 through a tree memorial called 4C Tree. Our Newton community is coming together during this pandemic to show we care for each other and for the Earth. To learn more and consider donating visit www.greennewton.org/trees and follow the Youth Group’s Instagram @4ctreeproject so you can stay up to date and engaged with their work.