Memorial-Spaulding School Council Needs You!
The School Council is looking for one parent representative to join our other
parents; Ricki Sonnenberg and Julie Goldblatt to work along side school
representatives Nicole Pisciotta, Lisa McManus, and a teacher rep. TBD. The
school council provides a great opportunity for community partners, parents,
teachers, and principals to come together both to share ideas and resources and to
shape the direction our schools will take to strengthen teaching and learning.
If interested please click here
The main areas of responsibilities for the school council are:
- work in consultation with the school principal to adopt educational goals and plan for school improvement.
Council members are expected to:
- focus on the interests of the school and all it’s students;
- stay informed on issues that affect student success and achievement;
- attend and participate regularly in council meetings;
- communicate regularly with the population they represent (faculty, parents, community, students);
- promote the participation of the school community in support of the improvement plan;
- attend workshops and training programs for council members; and seek to reach consensus in the decision making process of the council.
School Council Meeting Dates and Times- meetings held on Mondays in the Conference Room
Oct. 17- 4-5:30 pm, Nov. 14- 6:30-8 pm, Dec. 19- 4-5:30 pm, Jan. 23- 6:30-8 pm, Feb. 13- 4-5:30 pm, March 19- 6:30-8 pm, April 23- 4-5:30 pm, May 14- 6:30-8 pm
If you are interested in running for the School Council please email Lisa at
firstname.lastname@example.org and send a statement of interest. The deadline
is Tuesday, September 27th. If we have multiple people interested in being a
representative we will have an election which will take place the first week of
October. Please make sure the dates and times above fit into your schedule.