The Birthday Book program is a creative solution to the question, “What should I do to celebrate my son/daughter’s birthday in school?” At Memorial-Spaulding, the answer is easy, we celebrate with a book!!!
- Let your child pick out an awesome, new book from the Birthday Book section in our school library. Then either his/her teacher or you can read the book to the class.
- Your child is also the first to check the book out of the library, and of course the book is donated to the library in your child’s name!!!
- For older children, who may not want the teacher or parent to read a short book for his/her birthday, there will be the newest, most sought after chapter books available. Your older child will still be the first to check it out of the library and have the book donated in his/her name.
- Summer birthdays will be celebrated in May and June. All proceeds will benefit the library at our school!
Parents will receive a form the month of their child(ren)’s birthday. If you would like to participate in this terrific program, simply send back the form with $15 per book, (cash or check, made out to Memorial-Spaulding PTO “Birthday Books” in the memo line), with your birthday child to be given to his/her teacher. Please mark envelopes attention Ali Newman or Megan Tager.
“The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”
– Dr. Seuss, “I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!”