January 7-16, 2015
The 5th grade student council, along with the PTO, are having a food drive for the Centre Street Food Pantry! Each student will be given a bag to collect food items and other household goods. The food drive will run from 1/7/15 to 1/16/15. Representatives from the student council will be visiting classrooms on 1/7/15 to tell each grade what goods they can collect to donate to the food drive. All donations can be placed in the large plastic bins located near the front entrance of school.
Food Drive Items to Collect:
- Baby Products: Diapers, wipes, formula, infant foods
- Hygiene Items: Toothbrushes and paste, hand sanitizer, soap, shaving items, shampoo, feminine products etc.
- Paper Products & Household Items: Toilet tissue, paper towels, laundry and dish soap etc.
- Peanut Butter, Jelly, Jams
- Kid-Friendly Items: Granola bars, graham and/or animal crackers, cookies, crackers etc.
- Milk (non-refrigerated)
- Fruits: Canned or dried (low sugar appreciated), juices
- Grains: Breakfast cereals & oatmeal, rice, pasta, dried beans
Grades 3, 4, & 5
- Canned Meals: Stews, soup, ravioli, lasagna, spaghetti, etc.
- Canned Meats: Tuna, salmon, chicken, ham
- Canned Vegetables, Beans: (low sodium appreciated)