Welcome to Memorial Spaulding! Our names are Rebika Shaw Bendayan, Crista Martinez Padua and Joanna Mitri. We are your PTO co-presidents. We are proud to be part of this school community, and look forward to an enriching and fun year ahead for all our children.
The primary goal of our PTO is to promote our incredible Memorial-Spaulding community-spirit. We do this by organizing fun events throughout the year, supporting teachers and staff, fundraising, helping conserve resources and promoting other important events.
We are proud to announce that the efforts of the PTO last year helped finance and install a brand new playground for the school, for our kids to enjoy for years to come! Thank you to all our generous donors and amazing community volunteers for making this happen.
Mark your calendars for the important dates below:
Important Back to school dates
- Kindergarten Classroom Visits – Thurs, Aug 31st 2:00 – 2:30pm, followed by K playdate
- PTO/Principal Coffees – On the first 2 days of school, Tues Sept 5 and Wed Sept 6, please come meet our Principal, Tom Morris, at a “Welcome Coffee”. Mr. Morris and PTO representatives will be greeting families in the school auditorium, right after drop off, starting at 8:20 AM. A short introduction and presentation will follow.
- Movie Night – Sat, Sept 9, 6 p.m. – Bring your own picnic and the whole family, and join us on the upper field; the movie starts at 7 and free popcorn is provided by the PTO.
- Back to School Night – Wednesday, Sept 27 6 p.m. – Come visit your child’s classroom and learn about what to expect for the school year.
Stay tuned for other fun events organized by the PTO:
- Halloween Party (October 28)
- Mystery Dinner (November)
- Book Fair (November)
- International Festival (March)
- Newton Serves (Spring)
- Color Day (June)
All the above events and funding to support teacher classroom activities are made possible through PTO fundraising. We try to keep this to a minimum, so there are three main ways the PTO raises funds:
– ASK – A fundraising drive at the beginning of the year where each family is asked to make a contribution to support an entire year’s activities.
– ASCA – After School Creative Arts program which offers fun enriching classes for kids after school – sports, art, music, language, martial arts, cooking, science and more!
– Kindergarten Soccer – A fun, confidence-building program for all incoming K kids.
The PTO is run by a community of parents who volunteer their time to make all the above events a success and support our amazing teachers. The PTO still needs volunteers for to help organize events for the year, so please reach out to one of us or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in volunteering, and we can help find something that matches your availability and interests.
The Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) includes every parent. There are big and small ways to get involved. Contact us to learn more. We look forward to working with you to create an unforgettable experience for our children. Welcome to the Memorial Spaulding family!
Rebika, Joanna, and Crista